Wells Drinking Water
Well Permitting and Inspections
Residents can obtain permits to construct new private wells through the Environmental Division. All wells in Wapello County require a permit and inspection to construct.
- Issue new private well water permits including compliance with IAC Ch. 49.
- Assist homeowners with plugging abandoned wells including compliance with IAC Ch. 39.
- Assist well contractors with rehabilitating old wells including compliance with IAC Ch. 49.
- Distribute state Grants to counties funds.
- Perform well water testing at no charge to the homeowner and follow-up education on well water quality.